Saturday, May 2, 2015

Tri-Fold Pocket Letter Tutorial For An Afternoon DIY

Let's Begin!


First, Here is a list of  tools: 
1 sheet of 12 X 12 scrap booking paper, 
A Ruler
Scissors or a scoring tool
pencil
washi tape or some double sided tape.


The 12 X 12 lends itself very nicely to making a trifold as it can be easily divided into thirds.  So at the top and the bottom of my paper, I mark off at 4 inches and 8 inches.




Next, I line up my markings and score along the ruler.  I am using a pair of scissors, but be careful not to press down to hard, or you will cut through the paper.


After you have scored your thirds, then you need to fold up the bottom  of the paper.  Here I folded up about 4 1/2 inches , but you can eyeball it and make the pocket heights as tall or short as you like them to be.


To make the divided pockets, you need to put washi tape down each folded area.  Some washi tape is not very sticky, so I usually put down a bit of glue behind the tape to make it really stick.


So here you have your Tri-Fold  Pocket  Letter.  (This could also go out as an envelope.  You would need to secure it, but it wouldn't necessarily need an additional envelope).  Now you will need to "doll it up" a bit, but I'm going to leave all of that to your GREAT imaginations!  See my previous post for some ideas, or click on my "Labels" in the sidebar  and select :  "Tri-Folds"


I hope this helps and gives you a quick easy project to work on this weekend!  If you make one, let me know and I will post them on this site!

Write Letters.
Write Often.

Lady Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment