Friday, April 7, 2017

Philately Love ...

Literally, all over the place!




Here is some outgoing to Global Pen Pal (You can follow her on Instagram:  Global Pen Pal--that is if you are already following me:  Lostart_revived ;-)  ha, ha. ).  I think the stamps amounted  to $3.02.  I always wonder what the mail system does with this type of mail...Do they manually count up all the postage?  I forgot to show you what I enclosed (besides the letter).  The die cut of the globe, was actually a package of paper globes-- 20 or so in a package. So I included a package of paper globes.   I thought she might find some interesting uses for them.  I also found a nice blank note book (think traveler's notebook size) with a vintage map cover.   
* I met up with Global Pen Pal over the weekend in DC and she told me that there was not a single cancelation on any of the stamps when it arrived !  Do you think they were respecting my work of art?
  I believe Global Pen Pal's mission is to write someone from every part of the globe...  I keep pestering her with mail from Virginia!  I remember the first time I wrote her  (I think I made a blog post about it, but I couldn't find it.)  that I wanted to be SURE that she knew that my letter was from Virginia and that VIRGINIA was accounted for in her mission.


The top photo was the cover of the shaped letter.  You could do this for any state or country you live in.   I basically just downloaded a map of the state of Virginia and glued it to some card stock paper, and then cut it out, along with a few sheets of writing paper.  



Here is a another picture of the letter. And  oh, the envelope, that I MADE SURE had some map pictures of Virginia. Sheesh...  Do you think that she got the message that Virginia had responded to her mission?  Silly me.  

Snail Mail can be FUN, so think about it, and send out some really fun mail!

Happy Snail Mailing,

Pam


8 comments:

  1. I Love this! I am especially enthralled with your Virginia shaped letter!! That fits in nicely with an idea I have been working on for some of my own Mailbox Magic!! Thanks again for your wonderful blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Mrs. Murphy. I enjoy Global Pen Pal's mission, so making mail for her was a pleasure.

      Delete
  2. Hi Pam! I was wondering if you have an aquarium, and if you do, I will be breeding my pet snails soon! I was wondering if I could send you some "snail mail" hehe.... if you want them :) It would give me some experience in packaging and sending live snails, and if you have fish, they are awesome for keeping algae at bay! I will post the vid of me unboxing your package soon (sorry i haven't done it yet!) but I was wondering if you would be someone who could test my snail packaging out for me!
    God Bless,
    Amelia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia! I personally do not have a fish tank right now (we have had in the past), but I would be happy to find someone who does that could possibly test your packaging! Sounds fascinating...haha, I wish I had a fish tank so I could see how you do it. You should REALLY do a blog post on how you have to package them for live mailing!!!! I'll get back with you!

      Delete
    2. Okay, awesome! Even if you have a friend who has a tank, I would love to send some to you so you can give it to them. I kinda just want to see peoples' reactions when they see live snail mail XD

      Delete
    3. You got it girl!!! I have someone in mind, so please send me my LIVE snail mail!

      Delete
  3. My letters aren't that cool. Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww....that doesn't matter! You send out a LOT of mail! Thats what MATTERS!!

      Delete