Saturday, January 3, 2015

DIY...Let's Make An Accordian Letter!!

Have you ever sent an Accordian Letter?  Sometimes they are called "Folio" letters too.  Either is fine. This was my first attempt, and I had quite a good time with the project.


I  went with the nostalgic, retro look.




This is two pieces of Kraft card stock that are scored and then joined together with washi tape .  I filled my pages up with  envelopes/pockets,  I have seen this project also called the "pocket mailer".



The possibilites are endless...


Do you need to share any secrets?


Journal cards, banners, confetti...status cards, tea...hmmm...again...the possibilites are endless!

But certainly, don't forget the letter!  I folded my letter and put it in the blue pocket bag.  This was such fun, I know I will be making more of these to share,  How about you?  Email me pictures of your  "Accordian Mail" and I will share it on the blog.


Happy Snail Mailing!

Pam


*Available In The Shop*




15 comments:

  1. I've got to make some!!! Craft day coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how yours turns out. You could also do these with children!

      Delete
  2. I've never made an accordion letter but now I want to! Yours looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tara! I hope you will make one and let me see what you come up with! Have fun!

      Delete
  3. This looks like a lot of fun for both the maker and receiver!! can't wait to try making one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, I hope you enjoy making one. Let me know how yours turns out! You could do different themes with these...I'm excited to see what everyone does with them.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Alexandra Stoddard's Gift of a Letterand I love it. It's says everything you need to know or want to ask about letter writing. I need to try your idea and soon. It looks like a real great letter gift to some one special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is one of my favorite letter writing books. She writes so prosaically...It is a very relaxing re-read!

      Delete
  6. Awsome! I should try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I used 12" X !2 inch paper. That is the length of the paper. The short side is probably the length of a regular envelope. I will try to get the actual measurements for you soon.

      Delete
  8. Do you mail this as-is? Or put in an envelope to mail?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much did your accordion mailer weigh? Have you ever mailed one internationally?

    ReplyDelete