Saturday, December 29, 2018

How Does Your Creative Process Work?

My Journey  Exploring the Creative Process



I have decided that I want to work on my (lack of )  watercolor skills!  I thought simple projects would fit the bill....and so the humble postcard it is.   I mainly get my ideas for watercolors from what's around me...or good ol' Pinterest!  Until I learn the techniques...I will need to study other works and then go from there.






These are my favorite from the last bunch that I did.  I did spray them with a water color sealer. Warning:  It takes a few weeks before the odor evaporates,  These were painted on Cotton Arches and credit goes to Pinterest.


I'm trying not to waste my watercolor paper and so I "practice up" first.  My first attempt at the study  is in my  mixed-media sketchbook.  After sketching the picture,  I work on painting it.







I do another run of the same painting in my Traveler's notebook.  





Haha...I make mistakes everywhere!   Seems I don't know how to spell "December"!
But, three attempts is not always a charm!  My post cards of my winter catus...turned out to be quite disappointing.  I totally forgot what perspective I was working on...haha!   I even  tried covering up my mistake with a label!  It's all good...I send them to my twin sister and ya know what?  She doesn't care!!! ;-)




I thought I would share with you some of the books that I find helpful for learning to sketch and watercolor techniques.  This book is definitely a keeper!  You won't waste a cent on this book.  It's also a great primer on plein air painting as well.  I am not in the practice of carrying around a sketchbook, or doing a "sketch-a-day" but I would love to start getting into that habit. What about you?  Do you add watercolor or other medium to your snailmail?  

A Sketch A Day
Will Keep
Mistakes
Away!

Pam 


4 comments:

  1. You've got talent! Everything looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mrs. Duffy...I certainly love playing around with my paints!

      Delete
  2. I think your watercolours are wonderful,I like the snowman especially.

    ReplyDelete