Friday, February 14, 2014

How to "handle" those excess pretty envelopes

Have you ever ordered any of the pretty victorian stationery offered at Victoria Trading Post?  I have, they are indeed, beautiful, gorgeous papers with matching envelopes.  But...my big gripe with all boxed stationery is the two sheets to one envelope standard!  If you are a lover of  letter writing like I am you will not be writing 2 page letters....hmmm... my usual  runs about 6+ pages.  That leaves us with a dilemna...excess envelopes.   Now most boxed sets have rather plain envelopes which are easy for the mail artist to utilize.
 But those gorgeously enhanced VTP envelopes are hard to do anything creative with and mine have just been piling up...


I was rummaging through my supplies, or rather my 9 year old daughter was doing the rummaging when she found this...


I got this at Tuesday Morning for a fraction of the actual cost (great place for paper crafting deals!) and I got to thinking...


Hmmm.....



I like this....and so I got started!


I thought the little Tea Lady needed her own frame...


Before long, this  is what I created!  I think they turned out nicely for very little effort and added " a little  somethin extra".  A nice  wax seal  on the back will  complete these envies!  So now you have an idea of how to approach these , already decorated, envelopes with a bit of your own flare!

Happy creating....and writing!

Lady Pamela

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I'll have to remember this when I have extra envelopes!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete