Saturday, August 6, 2016

Mail Art with the Masters...


Masterful Mail Art


I haven't done much the  collage technique, but I have plans for some fun mail soon.  I have done a bit of cutting, and pasting here.  I did some rubber stamping before   I applied the "masterpiece".  






I have taught art history a few times and actually had guilt pangs of tearing this lovely  book up.  I thought of using the photos for my class collection, but decided I had plenty of these books.  So tear it up , I did--and had quite bit of fun doing so.



This gentleman is quite a Dandy and seems to enjoy being on my envelope instead of that stuffy book.    I'll post more as I get around to using more of this wonderful book--hey, its a great way to show the world great works of art!

Happy Snail Mailing,

Pam







10 comments:

  1. OOh, I love these! Especially all the wonderful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you jenclair! I love vintage stamps too!

      Delete
  2. They look fabulous! Definitely worth giving the book a new life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great way to give all that art some new life. Wonderful mail art here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same experience with a children's book once. I bought it at the thrift store for the express purpose of making envelopes but couldn't bring myself to recycle it for the longest time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where does everyone go to get such wonderful stamps? My post office is a dismal abyss of ugly modern Forever stamps. The current Forever stamps of soda fountain specials is cute, and the new florals are great, but they're sold out of them both. The other options are somewhat hideous, except, of course, the classic Old Glory. But I'd love to do some mail art with incorporating stamps - just not sure where/how to get them.

    ReplyDelete