Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas...and look at these cards!


Merry Christmas 2018!!



I recently attended a wonderful card making workshop.  This was open to all ages at my church and we had some that were as young as 3 and 4.  I was stationed at this particular styled card.  The more "advanced" card making was at a different table.  We had so much fun, and the children did an amazing job!  The cards were destined to be delivered to a local nursing home.


We signed each card...




I just adore the work that Rachel (6) did on her Christmas trees...and her older sister Lydia decided she wanted to do a different tree altogether.  So creative!


One thing I wanted to share with you is the dual tip brush pen I found at the Dollar Tree which  I saw  on my last trip.  They had a good supply with various colors but  I only purchased one so I could "test it" and not waste money.  I was hugely surprised!  These are  made from a Japanese company
"Marvy"...and let me tell you...they are MARVELOUS!  They have a nice firm tip and are "juicy" so they allow for different levels of color. The marker tip is very fine and works well too.  When I was at the check out, the cashier was gushing about the pen.  He said he did calligraphy and they were great. I should have run back and swiped all of them, but I didn't.  



Here is a closer look...



Needless to say, I went back and bought several more in various colors of what was left.  Evidently the word got out about this product...I hope they get more in!  Moral of the story...trust your Dollar Tree cashier...they know what they are talking about!

Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas
and a Happy New
Year!

Pam



4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a card workshop for kids and for such a great purpose too. And the cards brag-worthy also! I'll have to check out my local Dollar Tree for those marvelous pens. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvy Uchida pens at Dollar Tree?!?!?!?! I have used these since the 1990's with my rubber stamping. They have thicker,one tip end markers - as well as the dual tip brush pens you show. I rarely use a stamp pad with my rubber stamps but use Marvy brush tip markers almost exclusively. They are super juicy - no other brand compares! They also last a long time. I found another brand of brush tip markers awhile back and was very disappointed with them. In recent years, Marvy is hard (impossible)to find at local stores. I had to mail order my brush marker set last time. But recently I did find a set of the pens at TJ Maxx! I was so surprised to see a set there. And then you found at Dollar Tree. Hmm? The set of 12 brush pens at TJ Maxx was only $9.99 - a super low price. I use the pens less than the markers but this was too good a bargain to pass up. Anyways...this is Laura of Postman's Treasure. Thanks for linking to me! I have gotten traffic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! Thanks for your comments on the Marvy Uchida brush pens!! Good to know what a good deal they are. I'm not sure if they are in all Dollar Tree's but I'm going to check around here in the Richmond area and see!

      Delete