What EXACTLY is a Tuck-in? or an Enclosure?
But my daughter and her friend have gotten together to start a Cancer Awareness Club. They make little things to sell to give to the cancer center where her mom gets her treatments. It is so sweet. Here they have made origami cancer ribbons...aren't they beautiful??? I just love origami and the different textures, colors, etc. So bright and cheerful! And do you know what I am doing with these? I am using them as tuck- ins for my letters!
It has been awhile since I last had a post on Tuck-ins...in fact I think it is listed as enclosures... here is a link to the previous page. Tuck ins give your letters the "ooohhhh" factor. A little like the surprise in the Cracker Jack box....(oh dear, I am seriously dating myself here!) Lets take a look at enclosures...tuck ins...whatever name you want to give them, to see how YOU can add the "Oooohhhh!" factor!
I like lists...short and sweet....so here we go with Tuck-in Ideas for your letter writing!
- a simple sketch or drawing
- a message written in code
- a meaningful poem
- post office stamps
- a local leaf (pressed flat)
- a favorite stick of gum
- a bookmark
- a favorite written quote
- a cartoon or comic
- a swatch of ink sample
- a popsicle stick of washi tape samples
- an extreme close up picture of an everyday object. The other person would try to guess what it is.
- a sample card of a favorite perfume or cologne
- a portion of sheet music of a favorite song or music
- a small origami item
- a hand made coupon
- an inexpensive gift card
- a photo copy of a line or paragraph from your favorite book
- status cards
- mood cards
- journal cards with favorite quote
- newspaper clippings
- pressed flowers
- pressed four leaf clovers
- a swatch of fabric that you are using with a sewing or craft project
- Your Turn!!! Please leave me a comment with your favorite tuck-in that I have missed!